Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Digital Uplinking

I was summoned to get on the road again today. This time it was east to Durham. I'm sure you all know by now there's a little case going on there that involves a certain university associated with satanic rituals.... OK, so maybe the humor is misplaced. I was refering to the Blue Devil nickname.

Prestige. Law. Coach K. Just a few of the things synonomous with Duke University. Lately, however, you can add rape, race, politics. No matter where you stand on the issue I don't see any way this one is going to be pretty. Some are saying the DA is using this case to springboard himself to an election win making the arrest on the two Duke lacrosse players. Others say he didn't act quickly enough.

We acted quickly when it was learned the two turned themselves in this morning. That's why yours truly saddled up the sat truck and headed east to the home of the Durham Bulls. Caron Myers and Tim Bateson were already stalking the Duke campus as I rolled into downtown to stake out a spot near the justice center. This is what I found as I turned the corner. After bribing a parking lot attendant across the street I had a spot of my own.

I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pics of the news hounds hangin' out waiting for their respective noon live shots.


Out the side window.


A closer look reveals how prepared some are compared to others.


When coming to a week-long, or more, stakeout in the Carolina sun, bring a tent.


And lots of cables.


And don't forget where you parked your sat truck.... that would be ours, behind that tree. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

No comments: