Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dirty Jobs and a Space Station


Three nights in a row now the International Space Station has made a pass over our house at a time convenient for my oldest daughter to venture out and watch. The first night ended up being too late and last night it was pretty low on the horizon and didn't last long. But, tonight was perfect. Five minutes going nearly straight overhead.

I get pretty pumped up when someone in my family finds something interesting as much as I. Lenslinger posted today something I can relate with very much. He writes about how he scans a crowd to get in position for a shot of his girls, or can watch for wildlife for hours just to get "that shot." So when Lauren found it exciting to watch a glowing light streak across the sky looking much like an airplane-if you didn't know better-I was all too happy to show her some pictures on the internet of what it looks like up close.

So, on this Father's Day, I'm happy to share some of my love for the ISS, the show "Dirty Jobs," and going to the pool. Three things my daughters shared with me today.