Monday, July 10, 2006

On Call Duties


After a vacation to a very crowded Surfside Beach, I'm back. As usual, the vacation was too short, the trip home too long, and I really wasn't ready to come back to work. Work was ready for me, however.

At 1am Monday we were awakened by the ring, ring of the bedside phone. No one calls at one in the morning except the station. The voice on the other end pleaded with me to go to a house fire. I tried to explain that not only was I NOT on call, but I was coming off of vacation and didn't have any gear. After I sleeplily, and most likely poorly, explained this the overnight producer then said, "perhaps it's the other Ken who's on call, bye." Ummmm, thanks.

Now, back to that vacation. While I don't recommend anyone go to the beach during the Independence Day Holiday, it is a fun way to watch fireworks. I was blown away by how many people set off their own fireworks. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.


I was surprised I was able to get any of them to turn out. Caroline wasn't in the mood for Daddy to take any more.

Lauren however, was ready for more.


Of course, no trip to the beach is complete without the pool.


Oh yea, I was back at work today. And we've just unveiled our new website. So, now you can watch what I do at work because some of the stories of the day are posted. Here's what I worked on today... you can tell I was on vacation, maybe I was still on it when I shot this one. Better work to come tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lenslinger said...

Welcome back, Ken. I'm a week behind you - currently lounging on the balcony of a Myrtle Beach 'resort'. The place actually has wi-fi - how cool is that? Anyhoo, just now checking into the world after a few days of boogie-boards, lazy rivers, late night hot-tubbing and a slow, slow trickle of Makers Mark. If I can think of something to write about I'll even update the blog from my sandy exile. For now, I'm told the eldest daughter and I are going "geo-caching".

Beats vosot patrol.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I can't believe how old the girls are! They're beautiful. Can't wait to get back to town to see them in person! Our children grow up so fast. The next time you're that close by the way you better call! You were in my market.
Jami

Bluedog Photog said...

Now, you know I woulda called if we were in the area. No, we were in Surfside Beach, SC just south of Myrtle. Hope all is well with you, Alan and the fam!