Sunday, July 03, 2005

Destination... Myrtle Beach

OK, so this post is coming "post-vacation," but I'll go with it as if it's coming day of. Myrtle Beach, as many of you know, is a different kind of vacation destination. While it's perfect for some families, it's not for everyone. Redneck heaven as some call it has a spot in our family's hearts because there's something for everyone. We stay in a villa in Kingston Plantation just a stones throw away from the ocean and, more importantly, Splash Park, an overgrown jungle gym for all ages. I'll post pictures when developed.

Oh yea, we were just on our way out. It brings back memories of childhood vacations. Of packing up the car and heading south during spring break. My parents always made sure we went somewhere, from the days when I was 5 and spending time in a cabin on a lake in Sanford, FL to the time our car broke down my senior year in high school and my dad told my brother and I to take the other car and go by ourselves! I'll never figure that one out... sorry dad. What I'll never figure out is how we did all that with five children. We've got two and it seems our full size Yukon XL is bursting at the seams with suitcases, stroller, beach toys, chairs, umbrellas and food. We even carry some on top! How my parents ever did it is beyond me. You're to be praised highly for your puzzle-like packing skills.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can sympathize with you and your parents. I am less than two days away from my trip to the Myrtle and we are packing our Grand Caravan with all of our goodies and 6 kids. Let's count em....2 are mine, 3 are my stepkids and the 1 extra this year is my wife's ex-husbands daughter from a previous relationship. Yeah I know. We are having to borrow an extra bench seat to make the Caravan fit the extra body. The car top carrier is going to be tighter than ever this year!!!

Weaver