Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina

No other natural phenomenon is named like a hurricane. We don't name earthquakes. We don't name tornadoes. Why? Perhaps because no other form of mother nature captures our attention like a hurricane. Maybe because they last so long. Whatever the reason, everyone has now heard of Katrina. I've done my fair share of chasing these behomoths, and believe me, I don't want any part of this one. Sure, we in the media immediately run to the coast when a hurricane threatens. But, Katrina is nothing to go running to.



Stewart Pittman, aka Lenslinger, posted last night about Hurricane Katrina and was nice enough to post some pics of yours truly shooting Hurricane Isabel a couple of years ago. I hope he doesn't mind my showing off those shots on my blog, as well.


What's funny about us media folk is the fact that we're gettin' our asses kicked by these storms and telling people not to go out in it, yet there we are, smiling like some idiots. I guess we're not the smartest breed in the world, huh?


Anyway, just wanted to say thank God for all those in the path who were able to get out of the way, and I'm still praying for those who couldn't. I have friends and family in Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio who are still in the path of this horrific storm. So I say, hunker down and be safe. Leave the foolishness to us idiots in the media.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenny,
Are we playing fantasy football this year or what? Did you shut me out of the group? Whassup?


Britt Whitmire
bwhitmire@hotmail.com

Bluedog Photog said...

I've not had time to start it up but if I do... you'll definitely be invited. I like kickin' your @ss too much to leave you out. :-)